NAAC accreditation is a stepping stone to establishing a higher education institution of repute. Getting accreditation is the epitome of your institution’s high quality and standard of education. However, there are several stages to the application process. In this article, we will explore the Self-Study Report for NAAC accreditation.
Let’s begin by examining the correct structure for the NAAC SSR Report –
Self-Study Report Structure
- The preface or cover letter is written by the head of the institution. It goes on the first page, and it is the institute’s chance to start the report with a great first impression.
- Executive Summary – The executive summary section should contain the institution’s SWOC (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Constraints) analysis.
- Profile of the institution. It includes the vision, mission, and academic objectives of the institution.
- Criteria-wise Report – In this report, the institution must provide a consolidated response for each of the critical aspects with the Quality Indicators Framework (QIF), comprising of data templates/documents (qualitative and quantitative)
- Evaluative report of all the departments (Applies to universities and colleges both)
Self-Study Report Format
- Keep the NAAC SSR concise but informative. A bulky SSR with too many details and descriptions is not desirable. Even if the educational institution in question is large and complex, the report can be restricted to strictly relevant information to make it to the point.
- Limit the SSR to 200 pages or less.
- Keep a single-line spacing in your text.
- Use the ‘Times New Roman’ font, size 12.
- The margins of the page should be one and a half inches on either side.
- The SSR is meant to be submitted online. Create a PDF or any other user-friendly e-version of the report for submission.
Self-Study Report Submission
- Step 1: Fill out the SSR for NAAC Accreditation Form Online
- Step 2: Pay the first instalment of the SSR fees online
- Step 3: Upload all the relevant files. It includes 50% of the student data, and you must ensure that all the documents are prepared in the prescribed format(s).
- Step 4: Cross-check all the details and submit the form
- Step 5: NAAC will verify the Student Satisfaction Survey (SSS), Process of SSS survey, DAV process, and Inflibnet Bibliometric Data
The Self-Study Report is one of the initial stages of the NAAC accreditation application process. Getting the details right is essential at this stage. Most delays result from incomplete information, inaccurate information or incorrect procedures. Complete your SSR with utmost care and furnish all the information expected from a higher education institution to fast track your application.
CollPoll helps higher education institutions secure NAAC Accreditation by completing all the stages of the application procedure without any hiccups. To partner with our experts, talk to us or log on to CollPoll and get NAAC accredited today!